Thank you for attending!
3rd Annual Behavioral Health Summit - Building Bridges to Recovery
Friday, October 2nd, 2015
Resort and Conference Center at Hyannis
35 Scudder Avenue
Hyannis, MA 02601
Nursing, Medical, LICSW, LMHC, and EMS CEUs available.
As the Affordable Care Act has expanded mental health and substance use disorder benefits to approximately 60 million Americans, the need to improve care and capacity in behavioral health is apparent today more than ever.
The Behavioral Health Provider Coalition of Cape Cod and Islands (BHPCCI) has recognized the importance of integrated and person-centered care as we work together to meet the increased demand for services, encounter new funding challenges, and consider options for integrated care here on Cape Cod and the Islands.
The BHPCCI is proud to highlight these local opportunities for behavioral health integration at the 3rd Annual Behavioral Health Summit - Building Bridges to Recovery on Friday, October 2nd at the Hyannis Resort and Conference Center. This year’s Summit will showcase “Models of Promise” - connecting behavioral and physical health services across a continuum from collaboration to full scale integration of services.
Presenters at this year’s Summit include healthcare leaders, representatives from our state legislature, human service agencies, public safety officials, and peer advocates. They will present their experiences and expertise on integrating and coordinating care, taking into account the limitations and opportunities of resources and funding in today’s world.
The Summit is designed for those who provide care or support services across the entirety of the behavioral health spectrum including physicians, psychologists, social workers, counselors, nurses, administrators, peer advocates, first responders, public safety, teachers, and other health professionals and carertakers serving children/adults and their families in our community.
At the end of the 3rd Annual Behavioral Health Summit, Participants should be able to:
- Exhibit knowledge regarding the benefits and challenges of providing integration of behavioral and primary health services today.
- Report on the long term outcomes of enhancing social-emotional learning and executive function by provided a mindfulness-based program for elementary school children.
- Demonstrate understanding of the role Crisis Intervention Teams play in decreasing stigma AND, increasing health, wellbeing and safety in our communities.
- Network with human service providers in multiple disciplines to share best practice ideas for capacity building and community response to behavioral health needs.
- Identify 3 community programs that are utilizing evidence based practices to improve resilience and behavioral health care delivery on Cape Cod and the Islands.