The Coalition was formed in 2013 for the purpose of addressing the fragmentation and confusion surrounding the behavioral health services available to the Cape & Islands community. It is comprised of a diverse group of community stakeholders working collaboratively. The Coalition has a broad base of members representing individuals and organizations from Cape Cod, Nantucket and Martha’s Vineyard.
The primary goals of the Coalition are to:
• Annually present the Behavioral Health Summit
• Provide training to the community using best practice and evidenced based models
• Heighten community awareness of available behavioral health services through a variety of methods including forums, presentations, educational materials and web based information
• Provide opportunities for community discussions on the topic of behavioral health
• Identify areas for systems improvements and collectively advocate for change
While the focus of this committee is for the provider, the ultimate goal is to improve the quality of life for the populations we serve. It often seems that many individuals in our system cycle repeatedly through very short hospitalizations, only to again decompensate requiring re-admission.
Hopefully through this effort, the community, individuals with mental illness, and providers will be more supported. Also, knowledge of new programs and theories will have a vehicle for dissemination.
The Behavioral Health Provider Coalition meets on the last Thursday of every month from 3:30 PM to 4:30 PM at Cape Cod Hospital - Martin's Conference Room.
We welcome guests and new members at all of our meetings!
Please view our calendar to see upcoming meeting dates! For more information, please contact email@example.com.